You arrived this page because you’re interested in my 30 days travel journey right? So.. let’s start.
Where every thing started
I started planning for this backpack trip since 1 years ago. Everything started from a simple yum cha session with my buddies.
Of course, there are many untold story in between. The most significant one being changing our destination from Euro Trip to S.E.Asia Trip. Reason being Euro Cup and London Olympic is held very close so the price is over-inflated every where.
Thanks for AirAsia, which makes this trip possible in first place.
“We have a year to plan for this” we said to each other.
One year later – we are here.
I am recording my daily journey in my blog. I will share the juicy details and experience every day here in my blog.. nothing is withheld.
Feel free to ask question or join the fun in the comments section. I will reply every comments.
P.S. I suggest you to start reading from Day 1.
- Day -3 – I’m at Singapore liao! (3 Days Before S.E. Asia Backpack Trip)
- Day -2 – Camera Canon S100 Decided To Bail Out Right Before Departure (36 Hours Before South East Asia Trip)
- Day -2 – Travel Gears Shopping Spree at Singapore
- Day -1 – Daytrip Back to Kampung to Visit Grandparents
Ready, Set, Go!
- Day 1 – Brief Guide In Becoming a Local Vietnamese
- Day 2 – Vietnam City Tour: Let Me Bring You Around Ho Chi Minh
- Day 3 -Venturing Into The Outskirts of Ho Chi Minh
- Day 4 – Colds Beers at Vietnam Busy Road Side
- Day 5 – We Are Going Cambodia Today!
- Day 6 – Meeting Uncle What and Crazy Tuk Tuk Driver
- Day 7 – Bus Accident on Our Way to Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Day 8 – Exploring Phnom Penh Markets and Things We’ve Learned
- Day 9 – Good Bye, My Love… Angkor Beer
- Day 10 – Hello Hanoi Beer! Hello Tiger Beer! Hello USD$0.50 Beer! We Depart to Hanoi! Go! Go! Go!
- Day 11 – Hanoi’s Weather and Clubbing Scene
- Day 12 – Breathtaking Ha Long Bay and Countering Scams in Hanoi
- Day 13 - Today, One Brave Snake Died and Sacrificed It’s Raw Heart to Bing – A Snake Meal!
- Day 14 - Hanoi Wholesale Market and Leaving to Laos
- Day 15 - 26 Hours of Gruelling Bus Trip from Hanoi to Luang Prabang
- Day 16 - Exploring Luang Prabang with Bicycle, Like a Boss
- Day 17 - Street Food 1:0 Bing. Bing Poisoned by Food, and Survived
- Day 18 - Sabaidee From Vang Vieng, Laos! Where Is My Happy Meals?
- Day 19 - First Taste of Magic Mushroom Shakes at Vang Vieng, Laos
- Day 20 - Official: No Beer For 3 Days. Also, We Are Going Vientiane, Laos
- Day 21 - Travel Guru Says You Must Visit Buddha Park at Vientiane Laos
- Day 22 - Crossing Friendly Bridge and FREE Tuk Tuk?!
- Day 23 - [18SX] Funny Encounters With Ladyboys at Girlie Bars
- Day 24 - The Experience of 17 Hours of Train Ride to Bangkok
- Day 25 - Explore Bangkok: The Shopping Heaven
- Day 26 - OMG She Opened a Cola Bottle With Her… Ahem. ARGH!!
- Day 27 - Pattaya: Our First Hand Experience with World’s Voted No.1 Sin City
- Day 28 - The Day After Partying Too Hard At Pattaya, Thailand
- Day 29 - Leaving Pattaya and Returning to Bangkok. Why Alicia Becomes Super Saiyan at Jatujak Market?
- Day 30 - How Women Shops at Platinum Shopping Mall That Houses 2,500 Shops – Today is Shopping Day!
- Day 31 - Glorious Ending – Pack Up Our Luggage and Holiday Mood and Return to Malaysia
What did I pack?
Gadgets: I am using Panasonic Lumix FH-1 for this entire backpack trip (30 days+). Was supposed to bring my original Canon S100 but changed in last minute due to lens problem, however Canon has free replacement so it’s all good. Some photos are from Canon G11 (Shannon’s camera). All video footage is taken with GoPro Hero2 (I’m going to get one of this some time, it’s freaking awesome). I write blogs using my iPad2 and DELL Inspiron.
Clothing: I am using a Columbia 40L Royal backpack. Switched to The North Face Surge Backpack in middle of the trip, to replace my 5 years old day bag. I am using Packtowl Ultralight Towel, it is light weight and it dries rather quickly however there’s minor odor from extensive usage, the quick dry is definitely life-saver. Most of my clothings are dri-fit so it dries up pretty quickly (very important if you’re always on the move). My favourite cloths are long sleeve shirt (quick dry) from Columbia and Nike Dri-fit sport shorts which acts as my swimming pants and normal shorts.
Ask me questions!
What do you like to know? Ask your question in contact me page.